We will be strictly introducing the below measures to ensure your visit to Repz Gym will be as safe as possible:
- One way systems will be in place for entering and exiting the Gym. The main entrance via the UPVC double doors will remain the same and you will be met by our new access control turnstile. The one way exit point will now be via the metal side door adjacent to the entrance (by the smith machine).
- Please adhere to the red tape markings at reception for queuing, which will allow social distancing. If the reception area is occupied by waiting members, please form a socially distanced queue along the building line directed towards Brook street.
- Every direct debit & month pass member will need to be in possession of their membership card to swipe on entry. ALL members were issued with cards when we re-branded in June 2019; or issued with one when signing up. Any lost or misplaced cards will be charged at £5.00 for replacement. This is a condition of entry to our gym for numerous reasons such as health & safety, business monitoring, validation of membership status and to support NHS track and trace.
- All visitors are asked that they attend the gym in gym attire & do not use the changing facilities where possible. Visitors will also be required to sanitise or wash their hands before using the gym. We have fitted an auto dispensing hand sanitiser at reception as you enter the gym. COVID safe advisory posters are also located in all hand washing areas.
- No personal gym towels will be allowed on the gym floor due to risk of contamination.
- All gym equipment and touch points MUST BE cleaned after EVERY USE.
- Extra cleaning bottles & disposable clothes are located around the gym & we also have smaller bottles you can take around the gym with you if you prefer (located with reception).
- Both male and female showers will be out of use for now due to them being high risk areas. Please put all efforts into returning home post workout for a shower.
- For DIRECT DEBIT members - our mandate dates for collection are the 9th, 19th and 29th of each month. When we were notified to close the gym in late March, we were able to FREEZE all memberships after the 29th MARCH payment date. So this means, we will be able to activated ALL gym memberships again from the 9th AUGUST. IF since lockdown you have CANCELLED your membership you are not an active member on the system. ALL new members will now be required to JOIN ONLINE via our website https://clientdd.sportsoft.co.uk/repz/Home where you will be able to set up your direct debit and be active on our systems before you attend the gym. This is to cut down on reception time & allow the business to operate more efficiently & safely. DAY PASSES and pay as you go month passes will still be dealt with at reception.
- Coinciding with government guidelines & our own risk assessment we will be capping numbers in the gym initially, at any one time to 25 GYM USERS. This is to allow sufficient ventilation & social distancing. We strongly recommend avoiding PEAK TIMES where possible to avoid waiting or queuing. This is subject to constant review. IF the gym is at capacity we will not be able to allow anyone else in the building. Due to this, we will be requesting members to be considerate to others waiting - and to complete their workouts as soon as practicable.
- Pre, intra and post workout food & drinks will still be available from reception. Hot protein meals can still be prepared for you, however they MUST be consumed in the upstairs seating area. Protein shakes can also be consumed upstairs or taken away.
- You will also notice screens have been put up at reception to minimise risk & face to face contact. The reception area with our new access control unit is now more of an effective and secure entrance into our gym. Please avoid congregating or over crowding this area. ALL gym bags must be stored in the bag racks at the gym entrance. Any valuables we advise you keep on your person or in secure vehicles. We take no responsibility for any loss/damages to your personal belongings left unattended in the premises.
We want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support over the past 12 months. We are really proud of what we represent as a brand & the friendly / motivating atmosphere Repz Gym is becoming reputable for. Since lockdown we have been busy making improvements to ensure you come back to an even better gym environment. We have had all benches & some equipment reupholstered, new cables both sides on the upstairs cross over, 3 new Primal Texas power bars, a new Primal strength hyper extension machine and ALL equipment serviced.
With all the above in mind & the current climate we have decided to NOT increase membership prices at this time.
We hope this information is helpful and gives you confidence in returning to the gym. If you have any queries please reply to this e-mail directly and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you very soon. For further information, news and updates please check our social media on Facebook & Instagram @repzgym
Ben & Pat